How to Make a Photo Transparent in Pixlr:
In this post, we will check how you can make an Image background transparent using Pixlr editor. We will make a background transparent by using Pixlr online photo editor. This particularly useful if you are going to create a button, logo, or a banner. If the background is transparent that image will look like more natural and provide a good user experience. An image is transparent means we could see the background of that image. You may already see such kinds of images, and this time we are going to reveal the secrets behind this. As I told you we are going to use online editor and URL is Pixlr.com
- Enter the URL Pixlr.com, once it is completely loaded you could see two kinds of an option. One is a pixlr editor and the second one is pixlr express, click the “Open Pixlr editor” link or lunch web app button.
- Now you have to choose options out of four. That creates a new image. Also, there is open image either from your computer or from a URL, and finally an open image from a library of pixlr. Click “Open image from your computer” and then choose an image that you want to modify. Once you click on the ok button, an image will be automatically loaded into pixlr editor.
- First, you need to unlock the layer, for this, you have to double-click on the lock icon at the left side of your editor (inside layer section).
- Once you unlock the layer go to the tools, click the “wand” tool from the tools palette on the left and then click the area of the photo that you want to make transparent. If the tolerance value is high it will select more area. So if you want to adjust the selection you could change the value in tolerance and see how it’s working for each value.
- Sometimes you want to select multiple areas of a photo. By default, this tool might select some specific area and you may want to extend your selections. If you want to select multiple areas, hold down the “Shift” key and click another region of the photo to add that to the current selection. Alternatively, un-check the “Contiguous” checkbox at the top of the screen to add all pixels in the image that match your selection.
- Once you done with selection click “Edit” from the Menu bar and then select “Invert selection” from the list of options.
- Click “Edit” from the Menu bar and select “Copy” to copy the image to the clipboard, You could also try ctrl + c to copy.
- Then click “File” from the Menu bar and select “New Image”.
- Select “Clipboard” from the “Presets” drop-down list and click the checkboxes next to both “Create image from Clipboard” as well as “Transparent.”
- Finally, you have to specify a name for your image, enter your image name in the “Name” section and then press the “OK” button.
10. Now you could save this file from a file by using ctrl+ s or by clicking save button in the file menu.
11. Make sure you choose “PNG (Transparent, full quality)” in “Format” drop-down list. This is really an improvement to choose PNG format. Your image is ready to use. Choose any folder where you want to save it to your computer.
So thanks, friends, for sharing this post on a social network. If you have any query please feel free to command it.